Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in Computer Science
School of Economic Information and Engineering
School of Economic Information and Engineering at the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics invites applications for multiple positions at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor levels. We seek for applicants with exceptional research achievements and future promise who will take a position of computer science study, -including artificial intelligence, big data, computer systems, cyber security.
· Engage in teaching and related learning activities at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels-core course on computer science;
· Undertake academic research in his/her area(s) of expertise, including but not limited to making applications for external research grants;
· The supervision of higher degree research students;
· Provide administrative support for academic development and departmental objectives, and play an active role in programme management;
· A PhD degree in a relevant discipline;
· Applicants with expected completion of the doctoral degree before January 2019 will be considered;
· A high level of fluency in English.
Salary, Rank, and Tenure:
· Salary is commensurate with professional experience and preparation;
· This is a tenure-track, nine-month position with a possibility of summer employment, including mid-term assessment (3 years) and final assessment (6 years).
· To assure full consideration, please send your application with a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a research statement to the HR coordinator, Janet Zhao (email@example.com). The School’s Web site: http://it.swufe.edu.cn/.
· A following interview will be conducted after consideration of your application (can be skype interview).
School of Economic Information and Engineering has a combination of advantages from a variety of disciplines within our university, such as economics, management, finance and so on, we concise out the concept of “Keep the thrift institute, carry on the casting of the soul of finance and economics”, and has become a school running management, economics and engineering together. Out of our 67 teaching faculty staff, 24 have overseas background, we have outstanding research teams with talented young professionals graduated from world famous universities. Under the background of the era of “Internet +”, we strive to build a school with advantages highlighted in research in three main streams: Computer Science and Technology, Information Management and Information Systems, and E-commerce.
About Chengdu and the School:
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) locates in Chengdu, Sichuan, China, the hometown of giant pandas. The surrounding Chengdu Plain was also known as the "Country of Heaven" and the "Land of Abundance" in ancient china. Nowadays, China's state council has designated Chengdu as the country's western center of logistics, commerce, finance, science and technology, as well as a hub of transportation and communication. It is also an important base for manufacturing and agriculture. According to the World Bank's 2007 survey report on global investment environments, Chengdu was declared "a benchmark city for investment environment in inland China". In 2017, more than half of the Fortune 500 companies have opened offices, branches, or operation centers in Chengdu.
SWUFE is a famous university which has a strong background in finance and economics in the west of China. In this coming “AI+” era, the School of Economic Information Engineering has a great opportunity to extend those traditional technologies in finance and economics to an intelligent level. Currently, the School has a combination of advantages from a variety of disciplines, such as economics, management, finance, and computer science. Among 87 faculty staff, the School has outstanding research teams with talented young professionals graduated from world famous universities. We welcome all those talented applicants and strive to build a school with strong advantages highlighted in three main research areas: Computer Science and Technology, Information Management and Information Systems, and E-commerce.
Welcome to Chengdu: https://v.qq.com/x/page/b0332k69w42.html
Welcome to SWUFE: https://v.qq.com/x/page/f0361mqtlif.html